Charlotte drivers have been asking Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet, “What is HomeLink®?” HomeLink® is a convenient wireless control system that comes in many Chevy cars, SUVs, and trucks. Using the HomeLink® system, you can easily:
- Turn on and off exterior/interior home lights, appliances, and certain in-home electronics
- Open/close garage doors or security gates
- Activate/deactivate home security systems
Would you like more information on the many advantages and features of HomeLink®? If so, Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet is happy to help! Read this handy guide to HomeLink®, which even includes an easy-to-follow guide on how to program it.
Why Use HomeLink®?
If your Chevy Camaro, Silverado, Traverse, or other popular model is equipped with HomeLink®, you’ll enjoy the following benefits on your drives around Gastonia:
- Easy to Use: Simply press a few buttons and you can easily connect HomeLink® to your home.
- Compatibility: You can use HomeLink® with any garage door or security gate, plus all sorts of other radio-frequency-controlled devices.
- Control 1-3 Devices: Multitask with up to three devices with one HomeLink® system.
- Security & Safety: With the HomeLink® app, you’ll have remote control over other compatible devices in your home. Did you forget to turn the porch lights on for when you come home late from work? No worries. You can do it with HomeLink®.
- Always Ready to Go: HomeLink® is powered by your Chevy vehicle’s electrical system so you’ll never need to fiddle with cables or worry about replacing a battery.
Step-By-Step Guide to Programming HomeLink®
Programming HomeLink® takes only a few minutes and is quite simple for most Concord drivers. To connect your vehicle and your garage door opener, follow these steps:
- The three buttons used to control HomeLink® are situated on the ceiling above the center console of your vehicle. First, press and hold the first and third buttons until the car’s interior lights begin to flash slowly. This should take around 20 seconds. Keep in mind that you don’t need to do this when you add other smart devices because pressing and holding the first and third buttons is the system’s master reset.
- After the interior lights start flashing on your Chevy, press and hold the button you want to program and at the same time, hold down the open/close button on your garage door opener. Your vehicle’s interior lights should begin to flash rapidly. This signals that the button was programmed successfully.
- Step into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Then, get back into your vehicle and press the button you programmed for a minimum of two seconds. The lights on your garage door opener might flash, which signals it’s correcting the settings.
Learn More About Chevy Technology at Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet
Now that you no longer have to wonder, “What is HomeLink®?” contact us at Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet near Rock Hill, SC if you have questions. Our service department is always willing to help! Want to learn more about Chevy tech features? Check out our online manufacturer information center for tips on Chevy key fob programming and more!