How To Program a Chevy Key Fob
Bringing your new Chevy from the lot of Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet to your home in Gastonia or Concord means you’ve got a lot of exciting drives in your future, but you can’t hit the open road until you’ve gotten your Chevy key fob programming in place. If you’re not sure how to program a Chevy key fob, you don’t have to worry, the great people at Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet are here to help. We’ve got everything you need out of a Chevy dealership, including great national offers direct from GM!
Chevy Key Fob Programming By the Numbers
Before you start your Chevy key fob programming, you’ll want to have your Chevy remote start key fob in your hand. Here’s a quick step-by-step instructional guide on how to program a Chevy key fob:
- Unlock your door manually using your Chevy key.
- Shut all your doors and insert the key into the ignition. Don’t turn the key quite yet, though.
- On your driver’s side door, press and hold the unlock button and turn your key to “On,” turning on your touchscreen and interior lights but not your engine.
- In rapid succession, turn your key to off, then to on, then to off again (on – off – on – off).
- Release the unlock button on the driver’s side door.
- After you release the unlock button, the door locks should engage and disengage. This is your sign that the programming sequence has started.
- On your Chevy key fob, press “Unlock” and “Lock” simultaneously, until you hear the door locks cycle again. This is your sign that the Chevy key fob has been successfully programmed.
- Insert your newly programmed key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position to end the programming.
No matter if you have a Chevy Malibu key fob or a Chevy Silverado key fob, this programming sequence works for all Chevy models.
What About a Chevy Key Fob Replacement?
If you need a Chevy key fob replacement or a Chevy key fob battery, the best place to come for that is Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet. We’re the best place near Rock Hill, SC to get your Chevy key fob replacement. We also have a great selection of Chevy models, ranging from the commuter-friendly Malibu sedan to the family-oriented Suburban three-row SUV that will lead to a great drive through Gastonia!
Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet: The People Who Care
You’re getting much more than a car shopping experience when you come to Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet. You’re getting expert attention and care from people who know everything there is to know about your next car or the one you have right now. If you want to discover what makes our dealership so special, it’s as easy as filling out our contact form. And if you’d like to learn about any addition Chevy features, like HomeLink, check out our manufacturer information center online!