What to Do After Buying a Used Car?
So you’ve compared buying a new car vs. buying a used car and decided that a used vehicle is the better option for you. You can save a great deal on a pre-owned car, truck, or SUV and still get all the features and comforts you desire for trips to Gastonia. But before you celebrate your updated ride, you need to make sure you’re completing all the required steps after buying a used car. From following federal and state laws to planning for future maintenance, learn what to do after buying a used car with Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet, below!
Steps After Buying a Used Car
Before you secure the keys and head home to Concord, there are some important steps after buying a used car that you need to be prepared for:
- Verify Insurance: Most importantly, your car needs to be fully insured before you can legally drive it home. In fact, the dealership needs to verify your insurance before they allow you to leave the lot. You can always purchase your vehicle and come back to pick it up once you’re insured, but you’ll save a lot of time by getting insured before you head to the dealership.
- Transfer the Title: A dealership like Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet will always transfer the title on your behalf, but if you are purchasing a used car through a private sale, this is an important step that will be your responsibility. If you don’t transfer ownership with your name on the title, you won’t be able to register the vehicle at your local DMV.
- Register the Car: This is another step that a dealership like ours will handle for you, but if you’re buying your used car privately, you’ll need to register it at your local DMV.
- Find a Service Center You Trust: At Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet, we have an on-site service center where you can get trusted maintenance from GM Certified Service experts. We use state-of-the-art tools and equipment and OEM parts for all services and repairs, and there’s always a way to save with our ongoing service offers!
- Schedule Service: A used vehicle from our dealership will have already been inspected and reconditioned, but it’s smart to schedule your next service appointment early and establish a maintenance schedule for your new-to-you vehicle. Routine oil changes, tire rotations, and other essential maintenance will help you get many more years of enjoyment from your ride!
- Review the Owner’s Manual: Learn all about what your car can do and how its features work! The owner’s manual can tell you everything from how to engage 4WD in equipped models, how to use cruise control, how to program your key fob, what type of oil your car takes, and so much more.
- Check for Recalls: Again, any necessary recall services will be addressed already if you get your used car from a reputable dealer like Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet. Still, you should be aware of recalls from the past and present that might affect your vehicle.
Find a Quality Pre-Owned Vehicle at Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet
Now that you know what to do after buying a used car, it’s time to find the vehicle that’s perfect for you and your Concord travels! We have a vast pre-owned inventory at Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet, including certified pre-owned Chevrolet models and budget-friendly vehicles under $15K. If you have questions about our inventory or the services we offer, contact us at your convenience and we’ll be happy to help!
More from Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet
The 2022 Chevrolet Colorado may be a mid-size pickup truck, but it knows how to handle tough challenges with ease. The new Chevy Colorado towing capacity reaches 7,700 pounds, which allows drivers to head out on more adventures near Gastonia. Learn more about the Chevy towing capacity and everything it can do, then visit our…
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado LTD towing capacity is up to 13,300 pounds, allowing you to tow almost anything around Gastonia. There are even a few different towing features you can add to make your trips around Charlotte even easier. Let’s take a closer look at the Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity with Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet below! For…
How many pounds can the Chevy Tahoe tow through Gastonia? This is a great question to ask if you’re considering a new Chevy Tahoe for its powerful capabilities. The 2022 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is between 8,000 pounds and 8,400 pounds depending on the engine and drivetrain you select. Each new Tahoe is standard-equipped with…